The AHA's Heartsaver CPR AED Course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an AED in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
This course is intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. It can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card valid for two years.